At Hot Tub Works, we're proud of our quality and we stand behind our products. We have an extremely low return rate (less than 1.5% ) but if you should have a problem with anything you purchase from us, we want to make sure it's taken care of. There are a few rules:
- We assure you it's rare, but if we send you the wrong item, we will pay for shipping of the original item to us and the replacement item sent to you.
- If your product was damaged in shipment, we will arrange to ship it back at our expense and we will ship you a replacement product at no charge after we receive the damaged item.
- Defective items returned within 30 days will be replaced at our cost including shipping. After 30 days defective returns are subject to the product's manufacturer warranty.
- If, you received what you ordered but you still wish to return it, it's a little more painful. You are responsible for shipping it back to us. A 10% re-stocking fee* will be applied to all items received in resellable condition. To return unused, new items you must receive an RMA# and return the product to us within 30 days for a full refund (minus restocking fee)*. (see below)
- Please note that for safety reasons, hot tub and spa chemicals cannot be returned.
*All non-defective items must be in 100% resalable condition. Any non-defective item that has been damaged (including cosmetic damage) or altered after you receive it will not be accepted.
*All returns MUST be accompanied by an RMA Number (Return Merchandise Authorization number) or they will not be accepted. Please send us an email and tell us what you are returning and why. We will follow-up with you within 2 business days. You may also Contact Us during normal business hours.
*As a service to our customers, we sometimes special order parts not in stock based on the information provided to us by the customer. Due to the nature of special order parts, there will be a 25% restocking fee on all returned specially ordered merchandise assuming it is not defective, mis-shipped or damaged. Special order parts are defined as: Any part ordered through the Customer Service or Tech departments that Hot Tub Works does not normally stock or promote on our website.
Warranty - Excluding Custom Spa Covers
All products come with a manufacturer's warranty. Should a product prove defective during its warranty period, first, we suggest you contact the appropriate manufacturer directly to obtain technical support or warranty information. (Many times, the issue may be with the installation, rather than the product). Replacement or repair as well as validity of all warranties provided are that of the individual manufacturer. If you are not having luck with a manufacturer, please fill out the warranty form and a representative will contact you within 72 hours with assistance. Please wait for this reply before sending in the product since it may need to go to our warehouse or the manufacturer. See below for Warranty Terms:
90 Days: Spa Pillows, Spa Pump Seals, Plastic Parts, Circuit Boards, Special Order Parts
1 Year: Heating Elements, Ozonators, Economy Spa Covers, Filters, Spa Cover Caps, Circulation Pumps, Wet Ends, Steps, Blowers, Filter Assemblies, Lights, Balboa Spa Parts, Umbrellas, Controls
2 Years: Heaters, Spa Pumps (Unless related to Pump Seal. See above) and Packs
3 Years: Standard Spa Covers
5 Years: Cover Lifts, Hand Rails, Deluxe, Ultra, and "The Works" Spa Covers
Click here to submit a warranty return request.
Warranty - Custom Spa Covers
We warrant our insulating covers to the original purchaser, to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal usage, for the above period from the date of delivery to the original consumer. Such limited warranty does not cover damages caused by animals, fire, vandalism, excessive chemicals, improper installation and strain, abuse or abrasion, acts of God or use for purposes other than that for which the cover was designed. Ordinary wear and tear, de-lamination and seam splitting due to improper handling are not considered to be a defect in workmanship or material. Custom cover foam cores are covered for 5 years. Warranty of foam cores is void if any holes have been found to puncture or penetrate either the outer covering or inner seal. Any expressed or implied warranty is limited in duration to the period stated above from the date of delivery to the original purchaser-consumer. Seller shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.
Any insulating cover deemed by us to have failed due to defects in materials or workmanship within the period stated above from date of purchase will be repaired or replaced, at our option, without charge for materials or labor (includes the cost of replacement freight from the manufacturer for the first year ONLY.). The manufacturer will ship the repaired vinyl or foam to the buyer free of charge for the first year of ownership. Warranty of foam cores is void if any holes have been found to puncture or penetrate either the outer covering or inner seal.
Warranty does NOT cover improper use or any of the following:
- Insulating cover has been subjected to alteration, misuse, abuse, or if any repairs on the cover are attempted by anyone other than our authorized representatives, unless express written approval is given.
- Foam breakage or tearing of vinyl (this cover is not intended to be walked, stood, or sat upon, or any excessive weight caused by rain, water, snow, animals, or any other acts of God.
- Damage due to excessive chemicals in the water or contact with other chemicals on the cover material (this includes the use of Armorall).
- Fading of vinyl and thread is not considered a defect and will naturally occur due to normal chemical maintenance, exposure to the elements and aging.
- Torn handles due to use of excessive force (handles are for the sole purpose of opening and closing covers only, and NOT intended to be used to carry or remove cover from the spa/hot tub.
- Scuffing & Chafing or wearing holes in cover by dragging or storing/leaning against sharp objects.
- Damage caused by improper installation, or during transportation from the dealer to purchaser.
- Any damage resulting from any misuse, abuse, negligence, acts of God, accident or alteration, (i.e. cover lifts, animals and excessive weight or wind).
To Obtain Warranty Service
Contact Hot Tub Works to obtain instructions on where to present the defective or failed cover along with a copy of the original bill of sale showing date of purchase, and a photo or photos clearly showing the claimed defect. No returns will be accepted without a prior issued "returned goods authorization". Manufacturer will repair or replace at the manufacturer's discretion any defects, if upon inspection by the manufacturer, it is determined to be covered by the warranty. Manufacturer will pay for the shipping of vinyl, foam or other parts as necessary to the customer during the first year of the warranty. Should it be necessary, purchaser is responsible for shipping their vinyl encasement back to the Manufacturer. Implied Warranties: The only express warranties are set herein and any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purchase, are limited in duration to that of the expresses warranties. This warranty does not cover consequential damages or incidental damages including damage to property or injury arising for the use or inability to use this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential of incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Do Not walk, sit, stand, or play on the cover, never swim or play under the cover.
Simply put, Standard Shipping is FREE to any address in the contiguous 48 states.
In the event that you provide us with the wrong shipping address and your package has already shipped, there will be a rerouting fee. Incorrect shipping address re-rerouting fee for hot tub covers is $125.00, and $25.00 for non-cover orders.
We offer expedited shipping options as a service to our customers with the exception of Spa Cover orders. Expedited shipping charges will be added to the order. Cutoff time for expediting an order is 2:00 PM (Central Time), Monday through Friday.
Hot Tub Works only ships to the contiguous 48 United States. We do not currently ship to Hawaii or Alaska. We apologize for any inconvenience.
About Spa Cover Shipping Spa covers normally take about 3 - 6 weeks from the time of order to actual delivery (time varies by location). That's about a week and a half in production and seven days in transit. Spa Covers are shipped by LTL (Less Than Truckload), a tractor trailer, and require someone to accept and sign for the delivery.
Click Here to view our Spa Cover Production, Delivery and Return Policies.
Shipping and Packing Materials. First things first: WE DO NOT USE STYROFOAM "PEANUTS" even though they are much cheaper than alternatives because we hate getting them as much as you do. To help protect your purchases, we pack most items in sheets of bubble wrap. Additionally, we wrap all chemicals in a plastic bag to help insure against any possible spillage during transit. In the end, we guarantee that your items will get to you in good condition or we will replace them free (see our return policy for details).
Effective Date: August 10, 2020
We may collect information through our website located at hottubworks.com and any other site on which this policy is posted (including any subdomains each, a "Website", and collectively, the "Websites").
How Information Gathered is Used
How Information is Stored and Processed
How Information is Transferred
Your Privacy and Third-Party Links
Security on Hot Tub Works
E-Mail and Electronic Newsletters
Children and Privacy
Browser Do-Not-Track Signals
California Privacy Rights
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Do Not Sell My Information
State & Local Sales Taxes
Taxes that appear in your online order confirmation are estimated. Because orders may be fulfilled from multiple locations across the U.S., the actual taxes charged to your credit card will be calculated based on the applicable state and local sales taxes when your order is shipped.
The terms contained herein are subject to change, as the taxation of online transactions is continually evolving. We strive to comply with state and local tax laws as they exist currently, and continue to monitor and update its taxation policies as those laws change.
States Where We Collect Sales Taxes
Orders shipped to CA, CO, CT, GA, IL, IN, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI and WY will have all applicable local and state sales taxes added to your total order, and to your shipping charges where appropriate.